Friday 26 December 2014

After Hiatus. On new domain

One main reason why I dislike blogging is because of the computer. I dislike staring at the computer screen.

Sadly (or not), I have finished my first year in VJC. Despite all the many complaints, I would still say I made good friends.

Well, my life ain't that much interesting and honestly speaking, I got inspired to blog because I saw bel's blog (always crediting) and I thought, why not?

So here I am.

Looking back to the previous posts and comparing to this recent one, I can gladly say I have matured in not just writing but also thoughts. (Another reason why I decided on blogging: Improve my essay writing skills)

My life is full of essays and work. Tons of work. It's as if I am going through Secondary Four all over with all these amount of work. Not that carefree as the first few months of Secondary Four but that heavily-loaded months right after the June Holidays.

Coursework. Math. Art. How do you even revise Literature? Should I change my topic for Art? 'R'-paper for GP. Coursework. Econmics...

That's my train of thoughts for the past few weeks. Well, thinking is easy but sitting down to do things is difficult. Treacherous, even. Even my computer is filled with downloaded files from AsknLearn.com (not that I have started reading it but the thought counts!...Right?)


Ah, yes. I was about to start on studying Art before I decided to write this post. (Honestly, how do people stand the fact that the 'i' does not autocorrect itself to the big 'I'.)

Of course, I started Mapling for a week. Unfortunately, the Mapling craze lasted only a week and a half. It is, however, one of the longest time I was addicted to Maple in about... four years, maybe.

I am still writing Fanfictions. It kind of boosts my creativity and allows all my crazed thoughts to be penned down. Somehow, my weak mind refuses to accept the fact that Katekyo, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and Alex Rider have ended. Alas! My fanfictions revolves around those few.

Hence, I am not free. As much as I look like I have ample time to spare (or waste), I am busy. My To-do lists are long (even though I would prefer cancelling them to adding more each time I see them).

To those who are wondering, I am still in St.John. I am a proud officer, to be exact. (yay!) Adding on to my list of CCAs is Taekwondo and Art club....




Back to the real reason why I have decided to come back to blogging, despite my to-do list being so long. Crediting Bel here.

Anime! Or Manga, whatsoever.

I am going to introduce some new animes/manga I have watched/read in the past holidays. Not an extensive list if you were looking for it but they are good. These animes/manga could have been quite a popular hit already and you have watched it.

Popular anime/manga/Light novel I am still following closely (not mentioned below):

  • Fairy Tail
  • One Piece
  • Bleach
  • Sword Art Online
  • Kuroshitsuji
  • D.Gray-man (On infinite Hiatus but hope...)
  • Ao No Exorcist
  • Shaman King Flowers
  • Skip Beat
  • Shingeki No Kyojin
  • Witch Hunter
  • New Prince of Tennis


In the order of the most recent anime/manga I finished,

  1. Soul Eater (Manga recommended before the Anime) Ended(?)
  2. No Game No Life (Anime only has 12 episodes while the Light Novel has 6 books) Ongoing for Light Novel
  3. Akame Ga Kill (I've only watched the Anime) Ongoing for Manga only
  4. Mahouka Koko no Rettousei (Anime and Manga follows closely to Light Novel. Light Novel recommended before watching or reading Manga) Ongoing for Light Novel/ Manga inconsistent updates
  5. Makai Ouji (Anime follows storyline closely) Ongoing for Manga


All the above are under genre of Fantasy and there is Comedy as well. Christabel's favourite genre is Rom-Com and thus, we complement each other! (Thick-skinned, me)

I only watch Anime, read Manga or Light novel only if it is good. Hence, the above obviously have ratings above 8/10.

However, some kind-hearted soul reminded me to state warning for each anime/manga I recommend and refuse to allow my sadistic soul to see you suffer when you first watch the anime or read the manga.

Warning! (The experts would rather call this Spoiler Alerts)

  1. Soul Eater has some form of comedy. The anime diverges from the Manga at the arc "Battle for Brew". As usual, I recommend Manga over Anime. There is also three protagonist and one of them is called Soul Eater but he is not just the only one. So, when you first watch it and likes Soul Eater, he is not the only protagonist.
  2. No Game No Life might have quite a lot of perverted connotations, such as removing panties and all those.
  3. Akame Ga Kill is one of the more gory animes. If you like Shingeki No Kyojin, this is highly recommended. If you are the latter who despises goriness, you might want to stay off this anime/manga, else it might do the the opposite than to whet your appetite.
  4. Mahouka Koko no Rettousei is somewhat like No Game No Life but less comedy (Heck, is there any?) It has a sister-brother duo as well but they have a much more intimate relationship than to No Game No Life. You might even think it as incest however, if you read the Light Novel, you will understand the relationship.
  5. Makai Ouji has a lot of devils and comedy. Manga over Anime!
Here are some screenshots of the 5 anime/manga.

Soul Eater



My favourite Character is Death the Kid! Don't you think he is like so~o~o cute?


No Game No Life 



Yes, already recommended by Bel but I watched it before Bel recommended it so no credits to her. Anyway, just a screenshot to prove the 'pervy' part and even this is a mild one.


Akame Ga Kill!



A mild gore scene. If you think this is too much blood, I'll recommend to not watch it even though the plot is not that bad.


 Mahouka Koko no Rettousei



I tried my best to find pictures of not just the two siblings but sadly, there isn't much. A really good anime with good plot. However, only by reading the Light Novel will give you much insights about the entire show. If not, the plot will be quite... meh. (I apologise for the lack of a better word)


Makai Ouji



Comedy? Definitely. If you like shounen, or should I say, you like cute/pretty/handsome young men, I'll highly recommend this anime. This is not an anime with no plot, though.

x

Alright! Enough with my blabbering. I am going to start on Log Horizon before going on to revise Art! 



And Math... And Literature... And GP... And Econs.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment